Wednesday 3 August 2011

Reliability

1: It's been a while. I'm here on a whim.
2: I spend all day sitting at a computer screen trying to figure out how to write a 700 word essay again. Like back in high school. Then I whip out the notebook - in front of the pre-choir hangout, no less, curious onlookers they were - and bam, I've got at least 250 down in half an hour.
3: The Tao got one thing right - being vague can be an amazing way to appear wise. Be like the river, and take advantage of the lowest common denominator. Works every time. You'll also notice that you're saying nothing a lot.
4: Two people stared at me repeatedly during rehearsal. Both were new. I think I'd offended one of them, I might know when went wrong, but I don't know what - he asked me if I have trouble reading music. I answered at length.
5: Naruto is moving too quickly from "twist" to twist. Mental note; if you're going to string revelations together, make sure they each tie together threads that the audience already knows exist. Otherwise well done on the Itachi thing, Kishi - it looks to me like it was clearly planned out, but for all that it was not very well executed.
6: The prospective housemate hasn't called for a second date. Let's not wait by the phone.
7: ReinventTheWheel is trending on twitter.
8: One, two, three, they flounder when they're stressed. One makes rash decisions at the crucial moment, and it's going to make Sunday difficult, at best. Me, I get snippy and demanding; I don't like it, but it gets things done.
9: Psyguy tweets about his tumblr just three times too many. Per day.
10: "69 photos of you and Leslie". Max Cave decided he likes where that's going, and I'm pretty sure that works on at least three levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment