Wednesday 10 August 2011

To Open Door

1: A girl in my Screen Crit class has a bag patterned in shoes, arrows and the text 'travel' all clumped together in alternating blocks of pink and brown. I tried to figure out how the arrows fit into it while the cognitive resources used on 'listening' rested.
2: There's a quiet Asian guy in my Taoism tute called 'Bin'. He wears glasses and dark/muted colours. I'm pretty sure he never twitched or shuffled or shifted for the entire class.
Bin. It must've sucked in school, but it's kind of a cool name.
3: As Kristen and I went to get the Publicity bag for the stall, an alarm went off in HU3. I locked confused eyes with some students in the lower classrooms (we were on the upper walkway by ELT). By the time we reached the door, a throng poured out of the stairwell and the door had jammed. It righted itself and slid open, then promptly locked us out until the next batch of evacuatees arrived.
4: We went around the building. As we passed the other side, a small crew of security - or technicians, maybe - rushed to the door; I overheard the words, "someone in the female bathroom". Five minutes later we were told the alarm mechanism had malfunctioned.
5: The phrase 'would that I could' seems to've been misunderstood at least twice today.
6: The guinea pig has been trying to wear his towels like a hat, or maybe a blanket or - whatever he's doing, he's not very good at it.
7: The guy in the Liquor Department at Safeway was serving two groups ahead of me. Two sets of two guys. The second pair were legit, but the first two were the same kids I'd seen on the tram. They could not have been eighteen. I saw them again on my way out, making out like ferals (with their 15-year-old ladies and their five dollar wine).
8: The same Liquor guy started talking about a Clubs & Bars agency - for gigs or something - when I mentioned my work for Clubs & Societies (by which I meant choir). I corrected him and he kept gushing anyway.
9: The girl at the self-serve registers told me straight that she was only checking my bags "for the cameras"; "I don't give a shit, personally", she said, smiling.
10: Arc Words; creepy as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment