Wednesday 24 August 2011

Buyer's Ambivalence

1: The bus along Grimshaw street said it was going to Northland. It was going in the opposite direction.
2: The guy at the counter in Centrelink suddenly ran away in the middle of looking at my ID. Then he stopped, turned, raised a hand folded in undulated light-brown flesh, and said, "Toilet!" -- before continuing across the room.
3: "Is your boss a raging nympho?" What the hell is this shit? Cinema? I disagree.

4: I looked at the timetable for my bus. Oh look, that's right now-- um, two seconds ago. Bye, bus.
5: The ticket machine flashed, in bright red letters, CLOSED.
6: His name was Whazoo or something. He wore the GUNGNIR helmet in a pungent clash of pink and blue.
7: I forget how many people know each other at Uni. My philosophy classmates somehow know both Fez and Kristin, seperately, who know myself and each other -- anyway, small world?
8: Home & Away looks like it's only gotten worse since I stopped watching it.
9: The other day I was bugging my parents about a missing power cord that I thought I'd left at their house, and then I found it on the study floor. Yesterday I was bugging them about my birth certificate because I was sure I'd left it at their house intending to get it copied and certified at the post office. Turns out that, too, was in my study.
10: Facebook conversation, as follows.

 "Ryan! Lord Bimble sir!"
"Sup, nigga."

No comments:

Post a Comment