Thursday 1 September 2011

Ten Decibels Louder

1: My driving instructor chooses a different way to alert me to her arrival each and every time. The first time it was by phone. The second, she came to the door. This time she beeped as she made a pass.
2: We stopped at the servo on the highway. From the fuelling area I could just see inside to an pudgy old man standing behind the counter, his belly facing the register, his eyes lifelessly scanning the cars outside. He was so still that, had he worn camouflage, he'd have been disguised perfectly.
3: Sometime after the three-point turn I noticed that the wind was blowing. I was sure the window had been closed. I'm also quite sure it was closed later. I wasn't aware of it either opening or closing at any time.
4: Some of Kasey's quotesheet was from last year, which confused my sense of chronology. The exchange recorded between CJ and Tassie was much funnier that way.
5: I told my hairdresser to cut it by about half, maybe a bit less; I still wanted some curls in it. I'm pretty sure she misunderstood and took off a lot more than half. Now I look exactly like a taller, lankier version of my brother.
6: I had two productive chance encounters in the space of fifteen minutes. Ah, the Agora.
7: I wasn't paid in time to pay for my haircut. I had just enough on me to cover it, and then I had to wait to get paid just to get home.
8: CRUEL BRAWL IS CRUEL.
9: Statistically, my Halo-skills seem to be improved by about 1.5x when I get vocal about it and start -- well, I suppose exclaiming, "hey DJ[tenlettergibberish], I got you a present -- IT WAS DEATH" counts as trash-talking. I'm not sure which direction the causal chain goes in.
10: We pulled off the nine-minute Nightfall on the practise run. Or rather, Miles pulled off the nine-minute Nightfall --

2 comments:

  1. re #5: I went to see a celtic rock band with Aimee a week or two ago, and one of the two guys in the little band opening for them looked freakishly like a taller, lankier version of your brother, only with your hair color.

    ...

    So you didn't by chance start playing electric fiddle and then pick up a tardis somewhere, did you? P.S. I'm curious to see what you look like now. I can't picture it, any more than I can picture myself with hair that short. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can picture you with shoulder or chin-length hair, kinda. Not like, short-short though. :P

    ReplyDelete