Sunday 25 September 2011

The Imposter

1: Someone who would be lying if they said, "Hi, I'm Mike Gorrie!" is posting this. You get to guess who.
2: Last night, some drunken students on their way back from a party decided the side of our house looked like a pretty awesome thing to pass out leaning against. When the police showed up, one of the students assured the cops that they were "unaged" drinkers, whatever that means.
3: I very nearly stepped on a dying sparrow on my way to class. I thought it was dead until its beak moved. :-(
4: Still on my way to class, I passed a girl with curly, reddish-brown hair who was heading the opposite direction. On my way back from class, I passed a woman who could have been her doppelganger, only 15 years older. Both smiled at me--an "I'm genuinely cheerful" smile, rather than your standard "I'm acknowledging your existence because it would be more awkward to pretend not to see you" smile.
5: On my way to class the next day, I was crossing the street--at a proper crosswalk--and an old man in a white car kept creeping up farther and farther, as if to run me over if I didn't move faster. It didn't faze him that the car waiting right behind him was a police car.
6. A lot of things seem to happen to me on my way to class.
7: You're apparently still reading, despite not knowing who I am or why you should care if a little old man wants to run me over. As such, I'm going to be nice and give you a hint: the human being in the short comic above is me. Also, I may or may not own the book on creative writing that spawned the idea for this blog.

Mike thought the "comic diary" I had to create for my Graphic Novels class (a series of simple four-panel comics based on something that happened to me each day) was rather similar to the spirit of this blog, so I have been granted permission to deface it with some of my ramblings and doodles. :-)

3 comments:

  1. There's a link to your profile on the right hand side of the page, if you hadn't noticed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also there's a "posted by" tag automatically stamped to each post, just noticed! Yaaay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Saw that, too. I'm pleased it didn't put it at the beginning and make me look stupid for trying to be mysterious. :-P

    ReplyDelete