Friday 9 September 2011

Encore!

1: The new Blogger UI wanted me to know that A: It is very important, I could lose all of my information at any time if my account were to be hacked and I'd better have a backup plan in place to hijack it back -- B: It has charts! Colourful ones! They're white and blue! C: Where the "new entry" button used to be is now a "create a brand new blog" button. Actually I don't think it wanted me to know C, it wanted me to find out the hard way.
2: This time a year ago, I had a deep concern for Kasey's alcohol-related antics, for blind six-legged hive-minded bugs whose geographical standing happened to be micrometres above heated concrete, and for a sample I had collected of somebody snoring.
3: Emma passed me an unmarked envelope. I was expecting one marked "CENTRELINK". I opened it, and what I found inside was a notice of rejection. Confused, I called them straight away, expecting that somehow my lease information hadn't gone through. After waiting half an hour, turned out what they didn't have was my bank details and we can put that through right now, if you like -- dude, what!? Centrelink isn't supposed to be helpful!
4: Who was that call for --? Oh, "not me", cool. Wait, who was that call for --...this happens basically every time I do anything at work that involves noise.
5: The tram conductor felt the need to announce every single stop in a sing-song voice. Maybe I would have liked him better as a person than as a disembodied chant.
6: I'm better at Philosophy on Facebook than in real life.
7: Damn, forgot to charge my iPod again.
8: Apparently I've been a member of Actors' Equity for ten whole years now. Gold card!
9: Poor Munaf was tucked all the way in the back corner of the stage where nobody could see him. Where was that drumming coming from? Oh, right, the drumkit.
10: Pretty sure I was the only one shouting "encore!", but they listened, obeyed, and nobody complained.

No comments:

Post a Comment