Wednesday 7 September 2011

Eventually

1: They wanted me to stay back an hour, without overtime, because we were understaffed thus making the day exponentially more stressful already.
2: Exercise and practise feel good. No, seriously. I don't feel inclined to sit around on Facebook anymore. I still don't feel inclined to do homework either, though...
3: I learned yesterday that some authors (particularly for franchise novels) don't get months or years to write novels - they get weeks. Boy does that change my perspective. And my future job description.
4: Sure, we ate late, but Alicia makes one killer stir-fry. Couldn't tell between the red onion and the red cabbage, and the meat sure went quick, but I'm looking forward to claiming those leftovers.
5: The jugs were either poorly designed, or they were designed to deliberately cause people to spill beer. I have an idea how that might work, as a business prerogative; maybe if they want the whole pub to smell like beer? Do they want it to be everywhere and to have to clean it all the time? Stranger things do happen.
6: Kenny always stares at me. As soon as I'm in the room, he is watching me, alert, head tilted, to the dismissal of every other thing in the room that wants his attention. He never approaches to within a metre, either. Sometimes he'll give a quiet, defensive woof and dart away.
7: There is political dispute within La Trobe Stalkerspace, about itself. A "fake" Stalkerspace run by an authoritarian is somehow a threat to the administrators of the "original", who ban people for expressing displeasure about their lack of action against trolls -- am I seeing analogies to world history, here?
8: Iggy's pink whiskers were a little bit brighter than white, but only while she was outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment