Wednesday 28 September 2011

Internalise

It's been a big couple of weeks. Written three essays (two of them small ones), run four casting calls and just about completed production (as writer, director, producer and art director) of a short film. And that's just the Uni stuff. Needless to say having so many projects on the go means a few things get put on the boiler 'till I manage to move down the priority list.

That said, merci beaucoup to the lovely Leslie for getting on board as co-conspirator (<3), bringing us a comic every week or so until the posting schedule* catches up with our buffer. Make her welcome! Yes, both of you! Seeing as it was a book on her shelf that led to this project's conception in the first place.

*Posting schedule? What posting schedule?

1: A small cardboard cylinder. A little blue box, tabbed in the bottom corner with the words "post-shave balm". A scrunch of 3PLY paper, and a single cotton-bud, stained on one end with earwax.
2: Everything looks black, there, there's too much glare in the background - "is there a better spot I can stand?" he asks, and I curse to myself when I can't find a better answer than "no". It's the darkest spot in the house, but it's also the only one that makes sense.
3: This manuscript here uses only the first three systems. The first two are in 5/4, scrawled in pen, with a couple of short runs of chords in opposed motion, with the lyrics, "[scribble] - [scribble] - something, come out for breakfast [two bars of scribbling] I WANT TO DO A THIIIIIING". The third bar, instead of notation, has only the words "POWER CHORD".
4: I had another one somewhere that was written, "F#%$ YOU MICHAEL (repeat ad nauseum until...) (repeat ad nauseum)". It had no actual music on it.
5: It was good weather, so we put the big plywood table outside, and then left the set as it was for the following day (Tuesday). It rained. The table got soaked. But when I brought it inside, it didn't seem to have taken any damage.
6: Mum was scared to comment on my photos because she wasn't sure whether I'd be cool with that.
7: I think the postman might have overfilled our postbox. With catalogues. I wish we had a fireplace.
8: I bought two radios - exactly the same - lest the first one get smashed. It was supposed to smash. Turns out Logitech make their stuff sturdy.
9: He worked out that it was meant to be King Arthur, but the moustachioed sun on the tabard confused the hell out of him.
10: I'm sure I confused them when on the one hand, I said that I tend to write fairly dark drama-ish stuff, and thirty minutes later said I had more experience performing with light-hearted material.

No comments:

Post a Comment