Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Following Broadcast

On Sunday I finished production for two separate films.

Isidore: The Film Of A Thousand Deaths has been giving us all hell for a while. Leslie and I signed up for it about a month before production started, and soon after, we lost most of the original cast to the rehearsal schedule for Student Theatre & Film's Northcote Town Hall season. We were forced to merge two roles, gender-swap another, use the director as an actor and the cast as crew. We miraculously got it almost finished within the winter holidays, and it's taken us two months to sweep up the dregs. Now it's done.

The Radio,
 (no website), written, directed and produced by yours truly, was the other one. I'd made up call sheets a few days before. I'd run two weeks' worth of casting calls, completely overturned the front end of the house for it, spent two days attempting to undo the damage, and then still had to organize seven+ people, plus equipment, for Sunday.

It turned out well, considering its troubled beginnings in the casting room. I just want to say I'm really happy with the people I managed to rope in. I'm just so glad.

1: I'd already eaten three eggs, a whole onion and a slice of pizza. Then Christoph and Alejandra made cheese fondue, adding sour cream and pepper to the mix. We ate it with sliced baguette and a few bits of sliced banana. It's left a creamy taste on my tongue, which just makes me feel fuller. Also, apples and pears? I thought they were potatoes.
2: I was disappointed with the confrontation between Harrowmont and Bhelen. Considering the history between the Aeducan kids you'd think they'd have made that moment a bigger deal. Bhelen's sheer idiocy in that moment cheapened it further. Maybe I'll rewrite it in fanfiction, if I can find the time.
3: I had to track down Dom to get her to sign a release form for The Radio (my bad; should've made sure that happened before we started shooting). We set up to meet in front of the library -- when I arrived it was the most crowded part of the Agora. I looked around for about two minutes before I realized she was right in front of me. And then I still wasn't organised, so we were a few minutes late to class.
4: We (Team Taoism) ate McDonalds' ice-cream and talked about the weird feminist metaphors of Wonder Woman. If Wonder Woman is feminism, then is feminism's weakness "getting tied up by men" (ie into relationships)? Or is it a more radical statement about gender oppression? (Maybe more applicable back in the day than now --?)
5: I couldn't remember his real name, so I addressed him as Crackman.

No comments:

Post a Comment